Lean & Just In Time Processing
Identify and Increase Added Value – Principles, Practices and Methods.
Lean and Just-In-Time …
- The principles, practices and methods of “Lean” and “Just In Time”.
- If there are improvement methods which you can implement to deliver value to your organization..
- How to select and drive improvement based on “Lean” and “JIT” principles.
- A visual, easy to understand explanation of “Lean” and “Just In Time”.
- Improvement methods detailed which may be appropriate for introduction into your areas of activity.
- Over 500 pages of information.
- Use as a support if providing your own training.
- Via your online device (desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile), whenever and wherever suits you.
- SALE: 40% OFF – Available until Friday 19th July for $49 (Standard price $79).
The concepts of “Lean” and “Just-In-Time”.
Methods applied to deliver Lean Processes.
– Basic working practices
– Total Productive Maintenance
– Design for manufacture
– Set-up reduction
– Operations focus
– Total staff involvement
– Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
– Visual management
– Flow layout
– Just-In-Time Supply
Planning & Controlling.
– Pull scheduling & Push systems of control
– Kanban control
– 5S method of control
– Levelled scheduling
– Campaign management
– Mixed modelling
– Drumbeat Control
Capacity Utilization & Efficiency.
– Optimization via Capacity Analysis
– Cycle Time Analysis and Reduction
– Capacity Utilization