Lean Processes, Just In Time.
Lean process improvement, Visual management, Employee involvement, Understanding the customer, Driving efficiency, Kanban control, Process capacity optimization, Pull versus Push processes, Drumbeat control, …
- Inform yourself about Lean and Just In Time Processing.
- Step through at your own pace from the convenience of your desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile.
- Use as a support when providing training.
- The presentation is divided into a range of modules so that you can focus on those modules of particular interest to you.
- 530 pages of information, provided in a visual, easy to understand format.
- Introduction to Lean and Just-In-Time
- The Lean Philosophy of operation
- Lean Processes
- Just In Time (JIT)
- Just In Time (JIT) Operations
Basic working practices
Design for manufacture
Total people involvement
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- JIT as a method of Planning & Control
Pull scheduling. Push systems of control. Pull versus Push
Kanban control. How does a Kanban process operate. Rules for effective Kanban. Steps to implement.
5S method of control
- Capacity Utilization & Efficiency
- How to implement a Lean Process
- The Advantages & Risks associated with a Lean Process