MDD ARTICLE 5 – Reference to standardsMedical Devices Directive – explained >>>
How Medical Devices are regulated in Europe >>>
1. Member States shall presume compliance with the essential requirements referred to in Article 3 in respect of devices which are in conformity with the relevant national standards adopted pursuant to the harmonized standards the references of which have been publishes in the Official Journal of the European Communities; Member States shall publish the references of such national standards.
2. For the purposes of this Directive, reference to harmonized standards also includes the monographs of the European Pharmacopoeia notably on surgical sutures and on interaction between medicinal products and materials used in devices containing such medicinal products, the references of which have been published in the Official Journal of the European Communities.
If a Member State or the Commission considers that the harmonized standards do not entirely meet the essential requirements referred to in Article 3, the measures to be taken by the Member States with regard to these standards and the publication referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be adopted by the procedure defined in Article 6(2).
- Medical Device Validation, Regulation, Classification, Risk Evaluation, ….
- Information and training presentation.
- Use to develop your personal understanding.
- View, when and where suits, from the convenience of your desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile.
- Use as a support if providing training.
- Details >>>